Many Americans nowadays choose small vehicles instead of “real American cars”, where many Americans were conceived in the back seats. Whether car owners save money or are eco conscious the Charles Hotel in Cambridge, MA, provides them an array of services and technologies, designed to further promote environmental responsibility and positive choices, and making the hotel itself very attractive.
The hotel offers the following:
- Cheaper parking rates for small vehicles. The parking is equipped with nanoMAX technology, a new, patented, small car detection system, developed to measure a vehicle entering into a parking facility and provide a unique parking rate based upon the vehicle’s actual size. Smaller, environmentally friendly vehicles will be assessed a smaller rate as a reward to the driver for operating a vehicle that has a lesser impact on the environment.
- Dedicated small car parking. The Charles Square Garage has a special area reserved for those guests who prefer to drive smaller vehicles, such as Smart Cars and Mini Coopers. This is made to accommodate more small cars, and make the owners of small vehicles feel the chosen – the dedicated section is adorned with high-resolution wall graphics, colorful floor coatings and high impact energy efficient lighting.
- Free electric vehicle charging station, called Juice Bar, allows drivers of electric cars or hybrids to charge their vehicle.
- Tire inflation station. Under-inflated tires increase have gas mileage. Guests of the Charles Hotel may inflate their tires free of charge, so as to lessen their fuel consumption.
- Free bicycle parking. For those people who choose to commute via bicycle, the hotel offer free bike parking at the Charles Square Garage.
- Free bicycle lending program. The guests also may use the hotel’s Electra Amsterdam Classic bikes with handlebar-mounted basket, helmet, lock and a map to local bike trails, free of charge.
It’s this kind of integrated and full-service approach that’s likely to make an impression and a difference.