The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened its doors on the 18th of June for millions of Joanne Rowling oeuvre’s fans. It’s situated at the Islands of Adventure theme park in Orlando, Florida. This “theme park within a theme park” features two main areas representing an amalgam of the Potter world: Hogwarts castle and the village of Hogsmeade.
Attractions and Features in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. It will take passengers on a simulated flying ride aboard an “enchanted bench” using robotic arms. There are a total of 12 scenes: a quidditch match and encounters with a Dementor, an attacking dragon, and a Whomping Willow are among them.
- Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff racing coasters.
- Dining facilities: Three Broomsticks (looking like the Enchanted Oak Tavern), Hog’s Head (British pub that offers Butterbeer and pumpkin juice) and Honeydukes (serving gastronomical curiosities such as Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans).
- Shops: Ollivanders (a wand shop), Zonko’s (a joke store with Potter oddities like Sneakoscopes), Dervish and Banges (an instrument and equipment emporium that offers Quidditch equipment and Remembralls for example) and Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods (offering Ministry of Magic goods).
- The Owlery. This is a place for rest under the animatronic owls roosting in the rafters.
- Hogsmeade station — the train station with the Hogwarts Express (just for shooting).
You may enter to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter with the general ticket to Islands of Adventure.